Remote Sensing3D Visualization of Bathymetry Data, Southern Part of Africa
Created 3D models, animations and images
to better understand offshore geography
Oil & Gas Company,
An oil and gas client required a platform for 3D geospatial processing and analysis to benefit its offshore team. Tessellations implemented the Fledermaus software platform to demonstrate 3D visualization. A 3D animation provided the client a fly-through perspective of bathymetric and various spatial data of a proposed pipeline. The platform also enabled thorough 3D data analysis.
Tessellations demonstrated the extensive functionality of the Fledermaus software platform. The Fledermaus platform functions across all phases of a project from planning, processing and QC, through to analysis and production of images and animations.
Produced 3D Bathymetric Images
- Produced XYZ grids, contours, and sun-illuminated georeferenced bathymetric images
- Imported a geographic and bathymetry dataset in its native resolution and analyzed it in a 3D scene
- Created instant interactive profiles on the surface
- Rendered 3D animation to enable data extraction and visualization
- Demonstrated grid, point, line, image, and Google Earth export options for easily integrating the Fledermaus software into the existing workflow